Dale was born in Brooklyn, New York and moved to Montreal in 1950. She is married with three children and four grand children.
Dale graduated from Columbia University, NYC with a B.Sc. in Nursing. She practiced psychiatric nursing, taught psychiatric nursing in CGEP and was Head Nurse and Co-ordinator of Child Psychiatry, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal. She was previously the Executive Director of the Bronfman Jewish Education Centre in Montreal.
Some of her community undertakings have included:
• President, Shaar Hashomayim Synagogue Sisterhood Board of Directors
• President, Jewish General Hospital Auxiliary Board of Directors
• Chair, Women’s Philanthropy Combined Jewish Appeal, Montreal
• Chair, Bronfman Israel Experience Centre, Montreal
• President, Bronfman Jewish Education Centre Board of Directors
• National Chair, Canada Israel Experience Board of Directors
• National Chair, March of the Living
• National Chair, Women’s Philanthropy Jewish Federations Canada-USA
Dale’s husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November 2012. After chemotherapy he had a radical cystectomy with reconstruction of a neobladder. She is a two-time survivor of breast cancer.