We’ve achieved 95% of our 2021 goal!
As the year comes to an end and winter approaches, we are filled with awe for the kindness and generosity of our donors who have helped us achieve 95% of our 2021 Canada Walks for Bladder Cancer goal.
YOU helped make this possible and we can’t thank you enough.
In a difficult year for many, we witnessed the magic of a community coming together to provide better care and treatment for bladder cancer patients across Canada. Together, we wrapped a yellow ribbon of support around thousands of bladder cancer patients. Thank you so much for your participation in this year’s event.
With your help…
· We are seeing MORE Canadians being diagnosed earlier with bladder cancer and know that early detection is saving lives.
· 75% of bladder cancers are caught at the non-muscle invasive stage of diagnosis, which means treatment is possible without a radical cystectomy (the removal of the bladder).
· Research is being funded so that top Canadian urologists can become global leaders in bladder preservation strategies with international trials on BCG and bladder preservation for those with muscle invasive bladder cancer.
And yet, we know that more needs to be done.
Despite our best efforts, bladder cancer is still the least funded cancer in Canada. It’s also the most expensive cancer to treat because of its high reoccurrence rate.
We can change that.
As the holidays approach, we allow ourselves to dream of a world where bladder cancer is just a memory. Will you make a holiday donation this year so our dream can come true?
· $50 will cover one registration for a patient education meeting or webinar.
· $100 will provide 50 newly diagnosed bladder cancer patients with an educational guidebook.
· $250 will provide accredited training for one patient support volunteer.
· $500 will place one life-saving “See Red, See Your Doctor” ad across Canada
· $1,000 will fund one week of study for the Bladder Cancer Canada Research Program.